Wednesday 7 March 2007

Mixing It Memories

A collection of music/artists I'd first heard on Radio 3's 'Mixing It' programme, for this sunny Wednesday morning. God I miss it (and Andy Kershaw) at the weekend...

The lateness of the new 'MyXINGIT' show (or whatever it will be called) on Resonance, and the fact that there is no 'Listen Again' facility will make future listening difficult for me, although the reception at the periphery of London _can_ be good. There's no way I can listen on the computer at that time of night.

Traffic - The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys. OK, a non-MI track to start with, just because I love it,
Trains - Porcupine Tree, first heard back in '92 or '93, when 'On The Sunday of Life...' first came out. Their sound has altered significantly over the years, but a new album is out soon which sounds a bit like 'In Absentia',
Heartattack in a Layby - Porcupine Tree again, from the same album,
Sugar Craft - Medeski Martin & Wood,
Tundra 4 - Squarepusher,
Uranokemia - Pan Sonic,
Little Miss Echo - Raymond Scott,
Happy Cycling - Boards of Canada,
Six - Bass Communion vs. Muslimgauze. I have a friend in Brussels who has almost everything Muslimgauze ever did. I find much of hiss stuff a little too clinical, but there is a lot of great music,
Neon Golden - The Notwist,
I Go Solo - Psycore, from a 'Sounds Like Inertia' compilation.

M - 4.5; T -4; D - 4

No comments: