Friday 23 March 2007

The Monkeys Seem Willing to Strike up the Tune

Friday at last.

Rock, Prog and Rock/Pop filter this morning, accompanied by a read of the Independent.

A Horse With No Name - America. I remember having a prolonged argument about whether Neil Young was in this band. He wasn't, although this Canadian band sounds similar, but I couldn't convince the other party otherwise,
Planet of My Dreams - Frank Zappa, from 'Them Or Us', one of my favourites,
All Night - Pavlov's Dog,
H Gang - Donald Fagen,
Bungle in the Jungle - Jethro Tull,
Sinister Footwear II - Zappa,
Fie Kesh - IEM, a Steve Wilson side-project. There's a new Porcupine Tree album due out in April, which I'm really looking forward to...
Dreaming - Cream,
Gaucho - Steely Dan,
For Your Love - 10cc,
Days (Demo) - Yes, later reprised in a Jon Anderson solo album,
Verbal Feat - Amon Tobin,
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts 1-7) - Pink Floyd, from the 'Echoes' compilation.

I finally finished Cloud Atlas yesterday. A bit disappointing in the end, as some stories didn't really move anywhere, or finished too predictably. The 'nesting' idea was a good one, but the links between the stories, aside from the common theme, were tenuous.

T - 4; M - 3.5; D -4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not really related to this post, but I know you are a fan of Mark Radcliffe's show so I thought you might be interested to know that his show is moving. From April 16th he will be on Monday-Thursday 8-10pm, co-presenting with Stuart Maconie.