Monday 12 March 2007

Yet Another Chelsea Monday

After a relaxing weekend spent playing in the park, the return to the drudgery of the commute was improved by the glorious weather. The Feedback thing with the Controller of R3 was utterly useless (... I don't acknowledge his concerns..., I'm right, feedback suggests everything's super). I'm not a huge listener to day-time R3, but the illustrative clips they played demonstrate a drift down into the Classic FM territory.

Anyway, a 'Not Classical or Spoken'. I have nothing against the former, but the noise of the Tube makes 'proper' listening difficult:

Strength of Strings - This Mortal Coil. I once tried to seduce a girl with the 'Filigree & Shadow' LP. It didn't work.
Neon Golden - The Notwist,
Rilkean Heart [Acoustic Version] - Cocteau Twins. A beautiful version,
O Death - John Renbourn, great song from an excellent album
Oleano - The Fall,
Held - (Smog),
Blue & Sentimental - Count Basie,
D.I.Y. - Peter Gabriel,
King Tubby's Patent Dub - King Tubby,
All The Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople,
Open Your Eyes - Yes. 99% of the time I find this album incredibly annoying. This morning, I found this track intersting, if over-long,
Le Clochard - Focus,
Towards the Within - Dead Can Dance,
and, for the walk to work... Miles Runs the Voodoo Down - Miles Davis. Superb.

A busker at my destination station was playing a Chapman Stick and making a real noise... I've seen the Stick being played many times (mostly Trey Gunn and Tony Levin), and I don't think a Tube station 9am on a Monday is the right time for unaccompanied stick. Fun to see, though.

T - 4; M - 4.5; D - 4

No comments: