Friday 16 March 2007

Counting the Ways to Fall Without Landing

Another sunny start, which put me in the mood for some David Sylvian-related music.

Snow Borne Sorrow - Nine Horses,
Laughter and Forgetting - DS, from 'Gone to Earth'. The second LPs a bit 'noodly', but the first one has some beautiful moments,
New Moon At Deer Wallow - Rain Tree Crow. My first ever CD. I resisted CDs for a while at first, preferring LPs, but the clarity of this recording tipped the balance towards digital,
When Monday Comes Around - Nine Horses, from the 'Wonderful World' EP. Not their strongest track, but still good,
The Banality of Evil - Nine Horses,
Money For All - Nine Horses,
Some Kind of Fool - DS,
Ain't That Peculiar? - Japan,
Words With the Shaman Pt2 Incantantion - DS, from the CD remaster of Brilliant Trees. I think I've worn the grooves out on my LP copy of 'BT',
Serotonin - Nine Horses,
I Drink to Forget - Rain Tree Crow,
Brightness Falls - Sylvian/Fripp, from the the original mix of the 'Damage' CD. Apparently this is quite rare, but I think I prefer it to the DS-remix version,
Gentlemen Take Polaroids - Japan,
Wave (version) - DS,
Ride - DS. The first time I heard this, I just had to play it over and over again. Taken from the Everything & Nothing compilation,
Firepower - Sylvian/Fripp, from the the original 'Damage'

A bit of a rush this morning to get in in time to hear the Andy Kershaw 'Desert Island Discs' show. It's really great to hear someone who is passionate about music, rather than the usual parade of actors and has-been politicians expressing their love for Tchaikovsky and the Arctic Monkeys. The treatment of AK by Roger Wright at R3 was (and remains) appalling...

T - 4; M - 4; D - 3, apart from the girl who trod on my dodgy (stitches-free) leg.

No comments: