Thursday 15 March 2007

I'm as Puzzled as a Newborn Child; I'm As Riddled as the Tide

A fabulous laid-back start to the day, as I had to go my GP for removal of stitches. I seemed to miss the Northern Line 'suspension' (i.e. breakdown) and had a very pleasant journey in.

Work is a complete waste of my time, but at least the travel there and back is tolerable. What a great situation. Ho hum.

A 'folk, guitarists' Shuffle produced some John Martyn, Joni Mitchell and 70s music before it alighted on Tim Buckley. What a fantastic voice, and just perfect for a relaxing sunny day:

'Blue' - Joni Mitchell,
'Harry's House/Centrepiece' by Joni Mitchel,
'Glorious Fool' - John Martyn, from his Andy Kershaw session a while back,
Screw - Curved Air,
Touching Once - Renaissance, then
Buzzin' Fly, Goodbye and Hello, Song to the Siren, Carnival Song, Hallucinations, Happy Time and Morning Glory by Tim Buckley

I remembered the new 'Mixing It' programme (now 'Where's the Skill in That?') on Resonance, but fell asleep after 5 minutes. Idiot. I'd forgotten how radio used to be - miss a programme and it's gone: no podcast or 'Listen Again'. I'll try and set up my PC to record it somehow...

M - 4.99; T - 4; D - 4

No comments: