Friday 22 June 2007

Thanks, Tube: Thube

This morning's 'All Day Breakfast Show' featured Peter Serafinowicz (Look Around You, Black Books, etc), which was just as well, as the Northern Line put on a special service this morning.

No service South of Archway. No, sorry, no service South of Finchley Central. Oh, hang on, it might be starting again in a while. Ahh, no, suspended Southbound. For a bit longer. How long, you say? Five minutes? The next train should be going through... Oh no, sorry, it stops here. The next one will run all the way. Oh, hang on. Etc etc.

I arrived at work 1 hour late. It's a good thing I've got nothing to do.

Because I was in the mood for relaxation, I put on my 'Garden Party' music, which is intended to be as unchallenging as possible for when friends come round for a BBQ or similar:

On the Road Again - Canned Heat,
Dirty Harry - Gorillaz,
I Saw the Light - Todd Rundgren,
Beside You - Van Morrison,
Hocus Pocus - Focus,
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley,
Last Train to Clarkesville - The Monkees,
Cantaloupe Island - Herbie Hancock.

Thank god for the weekend...

T - 0.5; M - 4; D - 4

No comments: