Friday 15 June 2007

ADBS; Kicking And Screaming Part II

Yesterday's ADBS Podcast was very late coming, so I had to listen to it in bed and this morning, rather than on last night's trip home. I think it's getting a little self-interested; I enjoy it more when the team reacts to e-mails and phone calls, rather than talking amongst themselves. Still, it's free (for now), and it's good fun, and it's available every day, and, importantly, it's free.

Some recent music, most of it released in the last couple of years, if not months:

Glorious - Captain,
Golden Skans - Klaxons,
Mathematics - Cherry Ghost,
Rainbird - The Use of Ashes,
Annie Let's Not Wait - Fyfe Dangerfield,
Speed of Sound - Coldplay,
Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial), - Coheed & Cambria,
Us V Them - LCD Soundsystem; this reminds me a lot of Byrne/Eno's 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' - all it needs is the evangelical preacher and it's there,
Somehwere Else - Marillion,
Cambridge 1969/2007 - Yoko Ono with The Flaming Lips,
The Way the Winds Blows - Rush,
Anesthetize - Porcupine Tree.

There's a review of the latest compilation (how many's that now? 8? 10?) of Nick Drake demoes - Family Tree, in which they take it to task for really scraping the barrel. I've heard a couple of the Molly Drake tracks previously, and I think they help to put Nick's music into a contextual framework. Whether they add anything (and I agree with the reviewer about muffled tapes of blue standards) is a different matter. How many more demoes can there be?

T - 4; M - 4; D - 3. It's Friday!

No comments: