Wednesday 13 June 2007

All Around, People Looking Half Dead

Another day to waste. A couple of job adverts came up last night, so that should give me something to do.

The Tube commute got off to an annoying start when, on an otherwise empty carriage, some woman chose to sit down right to me. For god's sake, give me five minutes of peace. At the next stop, a chap got on and proceeded to hang his wardrobe of suits on the handrail, which then swung wildly and distractingly at every turn. God help me.

Some recent acquisitions today:

Cornwall Stone - Dali's Car. This is a great album, maily drum machine, voice and Mick Karn's bass. Sounds very 'of its time', though,
Music for 18 Musicians (Remix) - Coldcut,
Cruel Youth - Pepe Deluxe. This album (Beatitude) sounds very different from the recent track played on 'Where's The Skill In That?', and I'm not sure I like it yet. Still, it was free...,
Tiny Dancer - Elton John,
Summer In The City - Lovin' Spoonful,
Girl! - Pepe Deluxe,
Still Loving You - Scorpions,
Ms Wilhelmina and Her Hat - Pepe Deluxe,
New York Is A Woman - Suzanne Vega, from a recent Radcliffe/Maconie session on Radio2,
She's Leaving Home - The Beatles. I don't see Sgt Pepper as being the work of genius that everyone else sees. I really have tried, but I find it really 'bitty' - some good stuff in the midst of whimsical nonsense,
Muddy Brown River - Fyfe Dangerfield, from a recent Charles Hazlewood session,
Coast to Coast - Scorpions, a fantastic instrumental.

T - 4; M - 3.5; D - 2

No comments: