Monday 11 June 2007

Splish Splash

Last Thursday's 'All Day Breakfast Show' was apparently so poor that they chose not to broadcast it. The Friday one was very good, though.

I have nothing at do at work this week. Nothing to do with work, anyway. The cricket will finish today, and I won't be massively surprised if West Indies win it, particularly if Chanderpaul stays there. Very disappointing.

Shuffle 'Not Classical or Spoken':

Between a Man and a Woman - Kate Bush,
Embryo Thought - Roger Waters and Ron Geesin,
Dreams of Surf - Vangelis,
Power of the Blues - Gary Moore,
Tom Sawyer - Rush,
Cinema - Yes,
Coffee Homeground - Kate Bush,
Deacon Blues - Steely Dan,
Dry Land (7" Remix) - Marillion.

This put me in mind to re-visit 'Somewhere Else':

The Other Half,
See It Like A Baby,
Thank You Whoever You Are,
Most Toys,
Somewhere Else.

I still can't get past the production on this album. The bass is absent until track 5 (SE), and all the cymbals are very 'splashy'. I tend to skip the first four tracks these days, when I listen to it at all.

No comments: