Wednesday 27 June 2007

Big Generator

A near-perfect journey in today, in contrast to yesterday's fiasco...

The 'All Day Breakfast Show' podcast to start with, which, while it still has laugh-out-loud moments, is becoming a little predictable. I remember the halcyon days of Danny's GLR show. Lots of great music to fill in the gaps between stories and phone-ins, including my introduction to Steely Dan. Fabulous. I think the Podcast is missing some music, but there are obvious licensing issues which would make it too expensive.

Shuffle 'Not Classical or Spoken' today:

Morning Glory - Tim Buckley,
A New Day Yesterday - Jethro Tull,
Anna Lee - Dream Theater,
Come On - Vangelis,
Interlude - Bruford/Levin from a DGM sampler CD: 'Sometimes God Smiles'
The Red Shoes - Kate Bush,
20th Century Boy - T Rex,
The Emperor in His War Room - Van der Graaf Generator,
War - Frankie Goes To Hollywood. After the ill-fated trip to France, I remembered a similar trip to Scandinavia in which the only tape on the coach was a compilation I'd made myself. It featured the FGTH 'Two Tribes' 12", Ultravox 'Vienna', Mobiles 'Drowning in Berlin', Stranglers 'Golden Brown', OMD 'Joan of Arc' and lots of mid 80s synth-pop. It must have been played 50 times over the course of the week,
Directions I - Miles Davis,
White Shadow - Peter Gabriel, with that great Fripp solo,
Milestones - Herbie Hancock.

Whilst this is a great selection, I feel like a drastic over-haul of my iPod. Whilst my 60 Gb iPod is full, I've 20 Gb of music which is not being used, much of which have been acquisitions over the last year or so, including a lot of vinyl-replacement downloads. It'll take a while, but I think it's something I need to do...

T - 4; M - 4; D - 4

No comments: