Friday 8 June 2007

Hat: A Hat Is A Hat But Not Just That

I finally finished off the latest 'Where's The Skill In That?' download:

4 Pepe Deluxe : Ms Wilhelmina & Her Hat (6.22)
5 Kreepa : Inside-A-Sekt (4.11)
6 Fire Engines: Get Up & Use Me (2.06)
7 Random Touch : As Above, So Below (2.38)
8 Marhaug/Asheim: Bordunal (10.mins ish)
9 The Sea & Cake: Up On Crutches (3.33)
10 Combat Astronomy: Collapsing Runways (5.38)
11 The Bird & The Bee: Birds & The Bees (3.51)

The Pepe Deluxe is very good. The rest of the programme was a bit too dissonant or ambient for me this morning, although the 'Bird and the Bee' track was good, too.

Mark's comments regarding first having heard 'Fire Engines' on John Peel's show many years ago put me in mind to turn to my 'BBC Sessions' filter:

R.O.D. - The Fall, from the 'Complete Peel Sessions',
Way of Life - Gentle Giant, from 'Out of the Woods',
M5 - The Fall,
Winter - The Fall. The presence of all 6 CDs tends to dominate this playlist...
Hug Air A' Bhonaid Mhoir - Julie Fowlis,
Moving - Kate Bush demo,
Wax and Wane - Cocteau Twins,
Chocolates and Cigarettes - Angus and Julia Stone,
Free Hand - Gentle Giant,
Mathematics - Cherry Ghost.

The new (first) CG album is out sometime soon, and I'm looking forward to it. He/they has/have played a few sessions on the BBC recently, and I've been able to make recordings:

People Help The People,
Roses,
My God Betrays.

On that last point, I'm supposed to be attending the local church for preparation meetings for my son's christening soon. If dark clouds and plagues of locusts gather over North London at the weekend, you know why...

T - 2; M - 3.5; D - 4

No comments: