Wednesday 28 February 2007

I Don't Want to Shoot No-one

My current book, 'Cloud Atlas' is very good - very engaging and an interesting idea. I wish I could find more time to read, though.

This morning's commute was dedicated to Steely Dan. I only discovered the 'Dan fairly recently (5-6 years?), courtesy of Danny Baker on his old GLR Saturday morning show. The track was 'Don't Take Me Alive', and it took me only a month or so to get all their CDs. Excellent stuff:

Slang of Ages - SD,
Brooklyn - SD,
The Night Belongs to Mona - Donald Fagen,
Rose Darling - SD,
H Gang - DF,
Haitian Divorce - SD,
Monkey In Your Soul - SD,
Green Flower Street - DF,
Show Biz Kids - SD,
Midnite Cruiser - SD,
Change of the Guard - SD,
Black Cow - SD,
Countermoon - DF,
The Royal Scam - SD, a particular favourite of mine...

I'm travelling to Yorkshire tonight for my grandma's funeral, so no commute 'til Tuesday.

T - 4; M - 4.5; D - 4

No comments: