Thursday 1 February 2007

Release, Release

After a bit more Radio 7 Doctor Who (Paul McGann) I settled down to listen to Yes' 'Tormato'. This is a weak album, and saw the beginning of an upheaval amongst the members, but it has a few good tunes, not least of which is 'On The Silent Wings Of Freedom'.

Throughout, Chris Squire's bass is treble-y and distorted, which isn't always pleasant, but he has some great bass-lines. I have a live show on cassette that I once lovingly coverted to MP3, but then subsequently deleted without committing to CD. Idiot.

The bonus tracks on this re-release of the album are mostly fairly awful, but the 'Does It Really Happen?' demo is very interesting, as it shows the genesis of the 'Drama' stuff. All the Drama album is credited to Squire, White, Howe, Downes and Horn, but here's a track with Wakeman and Anderson on...

In the mood for 'Drama' I switched to The Buggles' 'I Am A Camera' version and finished my walk to work with 'Vermillion Sands'.

T - 4; M - 4; D - 4. Quite a good journeyt all in all.

No comments: