Thursday 22 February 2007

I Really Like All Kinds Of Stuff; I Even Like You

3 < x < 8 again this morning, which tends to filter out book chapters and long prog-rock epic:

The Higher Sun - Moom, from a Delerium compilation originally bought for a remix of the Porcupine Tree track 'Voyage 34',
A Hardly Innocent Mind - Pavlov's Dog. What a great band - this album is a bit more commercial than the previous two, but it's very good,
Mountain Time - Gentle Giant. Not one of their best, but even that's pretty good,
Red Earth (As Summertime Ends) - Rain Tree Crow, the early 90s Japan project,
Map of the Problematique - Muse. The lead singer's voice gives me a headache, but, in moderation, I can stand the odd track here and there,
Acres Wild - Jethro Tull, from the beautiful 'Heavy Horses' LP,
Swing the Heartache - Bauhaus,
Stria - John Chowning, from the excellent OHM+: Early Gurus of Electronic Music CD set. This cost quite a bit when it first came out, but it's worth it. This sounds a bit like Ligeti,
Cornucopia - The Steppes. From the same compilation as the Moom track. I once suggested to the Delerium management that this would be an ideal Summer record, but they told me the band had split up a few months previously. Good West Coast rock with a psychedelic tinge,
Living With The Big Lie - Marillion. When I first came to London, I turned down the chance to go and see 'Brave' live, partly because it was being premiered (i.e. no-one had yet heard the album). Unusually conservative of me, and a decision I regret,
Sun Always Shines In Space - Karamazov, another 'Mixing It' find,
A Pillow Of Winds - Pink Floyd, from the 'Meddle' album.

I've managed to squeeze Wagner's Ring Cycle onto the iPod, but jettisoned a lot to make room - mostly 'World' music and a few soundtrack albums. My collection now stands at 65 Gb.

T - 3; M - 4; D - 4

No comments: