Thursday 16 August 2007

Telepathological

From the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

... Kakrafoon has a sentient species known as the Belcerebons. Sentenced by Galactic Tribunal to be telepathic, the only ways of blocking out these messages is to either talk constantly about anything and everything...

Well, today, I was plagued by several groups of women who did nothing but chatter inanely. I was tempted to ask them to shut up so that I could listen to my iPod... First a gaggle of hags on the Northern Line, then two different groups on the Piccadilly. For God's sake.

Folk today, for no apparent reason than I've just added this Genre from my home library to my iPod:

Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Neil Young
First Breath - Richard Thompson. This, from 'The Old Kit Bag', is just superb.
Dealer (1st Alternate Version) - John Martyn, from the fabulous 'One World' re-issue.
Crayon Angels (2) - Judee Sill
Emoni Ennen - Värttinä. Just great a capella singing
Songs In Red And Gray - Suzanne Vega
Strange Feelin' - Tim Buckley
New Nothynge - John Renbourn
My Man On Love (2) - Judee Sill
O Death - John Renbourn
Voices - Nick Drake
Rainbow River - Vashti Bunyan
Luka - Suzanne Vega, from the recent Radcliffe and Maconie session,
Ploughman Lads - Nic Jones
Human Remains - Tom McRae
See Saw - Devendra Banhart
Never Any Good - Leonard Cohen

After CD-WOW completely screwed up my order (delay after delay after delay - I'm not going to use them again), they should arrive from Amazon before the end of the week - hurrah!

T - 4.5; M - 4; D - 1

No comments: