Friday 10 August 2007

The Cuervo Gold, The Fine Columbian

Friday at last. Only three weeks to go 'til my holiday. With regard to the 'All Day Breakfast Show', which has been excellent this week (did Baylen really say 'meeting people from behind a hole in the wall - it wouldn't be the first time'?), I'm gonna pay for the first three weeks and then have a break. If I feel like it when I get back, I'll continue.

I see England lost the toss yesterday and with it any chance of a win or draw at the Oval. The weather's been really cruel to them this series.

A fine relaxing commute today. Not even the peculiar woman in gloves who always looks agitated could put me off...

Some laid-back 'Jazz, Folk and Blues':

Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan,
Furry Sings The Blues - Joni Mitchell. There was a good article in today's Independent about her new forthcoming album,
CoolTide - John Martyn,
Bandaged By Dreams - David Torn, Mick Karn, Terry Bozzio. I just love the bass playing here...
Paprika Plains - Joni Mitchell ... but I love this more. After the voice/piano, in comes Jaco with a fairly simple fifths/octaves bass-line, but it's just great,
One World (Live At Regent's Park, 1978) - John Martyn. Beautiful,
Black Comedy - Miles Davis. Oh man,

T - 4; M - 4.5; D - 4

No comments: