Tuesday 7 August 2007

Hell Is Other People

I had a day off yesterday, so was feeling really relaxed. Until the Tube threw one of its 'special services' at me.

Several things should have lifted my mood:

I saw the Simpsons Movie at the weekend - good, but not great. There's the Matt Groening interview with Danny Baker here in MP3 format, but I haven't listened to it yet.

I've also found this forum on 'Cook'd and Bomb'd' discussing the ADBS. I agree with much what is being written about the subscription and Wippit in general.

The third pleasant surprise was the return of the free (for now) ADBS. This will be the last week before going to £2 a week. I think I'll give it a go before I go on holiday. It will have to be at least three things, though - every day, funny, and at least an hour long - if I'm going to stick with it.

As it was, the Northern Line just made me feel angry. All Tracks tured up this prog-heavy selection:

World`s End, A) The Last Children - Pendragon
Jean The Birdman - David Sylvian & Robert Fripp
No Luck With Rabbits - Porcupine Tree
Cat Food - King Crimson
Heavenly Bank Account - Frank Zappa
Disengage - Robert Fripp
City Of Love - Yes
Riverman - David Sylvian & Robert Fripp
Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
Trinity - Fleetwood Mac
Harry`s House, Centerpiece - Joni Mitchell
Shadows And Light - Joni Mitchell
For Everyone - Yes; a demo of 'Starship Troopers'

T - 1.5; M - 4; D - 3; Potterwatch 2. To be honest, the number of adults reading this latest book is a lot less than with previous books; I remember a few years ago when you couldn't get on a carriage with at least 6 people (usually 30-something females taking a break from 'chick-lit') reading it.

No comments: