Wednesday 11 April 2007

Sickie

Actually, no, I really am ill this morning. A mixture of hay-fever with a cold accompanied by a raging headache. I need some sleep...

No commute, so no play-list, although I did listen to the 2nd installment of Danny Baker's thing. OK, but a little flat and I've heard many of the stories before. I'm sure it'll get better as time passes - perhaps 1 hour is too long? Especially if there are to be no phone-ins to spice things up. Danny suggested that he would probably charge for the podcast in the near future, and offer it as a daily alternative to the dross that currently passes for Breakfast radio in London. A daily download is probably too much for me, as it involves too much like technology first thing in the morning, but the occasional episode would be welcome...

Also, looking forward to tonight's 'Where's the Skill In That?' on Resonance FM. It's now got a repeat on Sunday's at 7pm, which is probably better for me, if I remember. I could at least set up my computer to record it. The playlist (originally posted here)

1 The Varp : Bee Sting Soup (4.20)
2 Hanne Hukkelberg : Berlin / Fourteen (5.10 + 4.07)
3 Aronas : The Splits (3.41)
4 Flourescent Grey : I Am A Photograph Of My Old Driveway (5.30)
5 Paul Curreri : The Wasp (2.09)
6 Alexandra Gardner : Luminoso (2003) for guitar & sampled sounds (6.14)
7 Chad Oliveiri : This Just Happened (4.21)
8 Paul De Aragon : Driftin’ Love Cycle (3.22)
9 David Karsten Daniels : Jesus & The Devil/Sharp Teeth 1/Minnows (9.45)
10 Hanne Hukkelberg : Ticking Bomb (4.58)

Currently listening to some Vangelis downloads before I go and have a lie down.

No comments: