Tuesday 21 November 2006

If the Summer Changed to Winter

I made the mistake this morning of believing the station indicator board and letting a train go, in anticipation of getting the next one which was going where I wanted to go. I should know better.

I was feeling so good, too. Blue sky, sun shining. Only London Underground seem capable of bringing you down quite so quickly.

'On-the-Go' today: 'Hey Jude', for the hell of it, followed by a track from Captain's new album - 'Frontline'. I first heard this on Mark Radcliffe's show, but the album is a bit too slick for me. Still, it's 'nice'. Scott Matthews' 'Still Fooling' (great voice) and then 'Sex Machine' by Sly and the Family Stone - this was an impulse download, trying to locate funk. Not sure it worked.

Tim Buckley 'Song Sung Slowly', Yes 'Yours Is No Disgrace' (great crunching bass line), 'Rainmaker' by Traffic, and 'The Librarian' from David Sylvian's Nine Horses album. Love this guy's voice - I kept telling myself that I could listen to this guy sing the phone book, until I heard his 'I Surrender' CD singles, where he, well, sings the phone book.

Laurie Anderson 'Big Science', a Frankie 'Relax' re-mix and Caravan 'L'Auberge du Sanglier Medley' to finish. I think I cheered up by the time I got to work, but I was still 20 minutes late.

No comments: