Tuesday 28 November 2006

To Make Our Peace In One World

My new John Martyn CD came yesterday - the Expanded One World. Another one I've had on vinyl for ages, and it's superb. Great liner notes and superb live and rehearsal tracks. I listened to it one the way home and again this morning.

However, the major part of this morning was spent in quiet (and loud) contemplation of the passing of Alan Freeman, with perhaps a tear being shed for my lost youth.

I still have dozens of compilation tapes, lovingly recorded and edited from Fluff's Radio 1 shows back in the '80s. Some day I will sort them all out...

Anyway, today's 'On-The-Go' playlist comprised bands I had heard on Fluff's show, in many cases the actual songs. I got as far as 'The Knife' before I got to work, and will play the rest on the way home.

Yes - 'Heart of the Sunrise'
Mountain - 'Nantucket Sleighride'
Camel - 'Lunar Sea'
Caravan - 'If I could Do It All Over Again...'
Deep Purple - 'Stormbringer'
Genesis - 'The Knife'
...
Gentle Giant - 'On Reflection'
Mannfred Mann's Earthband - 'Joybringer'
The Move - 'Beautiful Daughter'
ELP - 'From The Beginning'
Pavlov's Dog - 'Valkerie'
Peter Hammill - 'Fogwalking'
Renaissance - 'Midas Man'
Roy Harper - 'When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease'
Rush - 'Cygnus X-1'
T. Rex - 'Telegram Sam'
Traffic - 'Rainmaker'
UK - 'Alaska'
Van Der Graaf Generator - 'Still Life'
The Nice - a BBC Top Gear Session from 4 Mar 69

Rest in Peace.

M - 5; T - 4; D - 3, mainly for a guy who insisted on putting his bag on my foot

No comments: