Monday 24 September 2007

Piccadilly Blues

I've never felt so frustrated on a Monday morning commute...

Still no news on the job (although I think I can take the decision as read by now), nothing to do at work except re-furbishing some computers and applying for other jobs.

A terrific rainstorm didn't help, as a) it made me realise how much it didn't matter that I was at work at 9.00 and b) it just made me sadder.

Waterloo Lily, by Caravan, today, 'cause I've just got hold of a copy, after having the vinyl for 20 years or so. Great album - it's no 'Grey and Pink', but still it's very very good. Nice and jazzy with some excellent bass lines:

Waterloo Lily
Nothing At All
Songs And Signs
Aristocracy
The Love In Your Eye
The World Is Yours

Caravan's long, suite-based songs are a joy to behold. I think 'Nine Feet Underground' is my favourite, closely followed by 'L'Auberge du Sanglier...' from For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night.

Very good Baker/Kelly Podcast, but still no word on the ADBS. Weird, and a bit poor, TBH.

T - 3; M - 4; D - 3

No comments: